Ignition amplifier

I have an Audi 100 2.3 E 1991 model that stops randomly about once a month, then after "resting" up to an hour I can start it again and continue. It seems that the problem is the ignition coil amplifier or control unit or whatever it is called. This is the small module that connects to the coil, and that has a rectangular 3 pin connector. The coil is a traditional sylindric piece bolted to the same bracket as the module, but the module is riveted to the bracket. In ETKA it seems that it is one single part, but can I get just the module, drill out the rivets of the old and replace it? It looks as a typical powertransitor cap (TO-3 house) on one side of the bracket and the platiccase and the connector on the other.

Reply to
Terje Trane