camry upgrade from radio to cd player

Is there an adaptor cable to go from an oem radio/cassette player to an oen cd player? (Both Toyota oem manufactured by Fujitsu Ten.) Or, does this upgrade require splicing/soldering/etc.?

Thanks much.

Reply to
pradovsky

Try

, im sure the will have international dealers. regards, dave

Reply to
videokid400

If you have a Fujitsu Ten radio, and a Fujitsu Ten CD player, the player should have a cable on it that terminates with a MINI-DIN connector. Every Fujitsu Ten radio I have seen has a matching input on it. Connect the cable and the radio should recognize the CD adapter.

Reply to
Hachiroku

== That may be true, but after buying three OEM Fujitsu CD players for an older Camry, I finally quit and purchased a new Alpine unit from Crutchfield.com including an MP3 player. Cost around $120, sound is superb, and no problems since. I really like Toyota quality, but this is one area where I finally went aftermarket and am pleased with the results.

Reply to
Daniel

What kind of problems did you find with the OEM players?

Reply to
mrdarrett

Sir,

My existing harness has two dins for my existing radio. They get plugged in next to each other. The back of the CD player has 3 recepticles/outlets. So, assuming that all 3 need to be filled, where does the 3rd plug come from? Must I split the existing cable wires?

Thanks.

Paul

Reply to
pradovsky via CarKB.com

Reply to
Wolfgang

See the reply to this below. Can you go to the link and pick out a picture of your unit, and then post the correct link here?

Reply to
Hachiroku