Re: Don't believe Corvette owners lies about supposed fuel economy

Don't believe the lies. The Audi R8 TDI has a road bending 738ft/lbs of torque and a 12 cylinder engine and yet gets fuel economy better than the C6 ZO6 on the highway, and far better in the city. It sound and looks a hell of a lot better than any redneck gm car any day of the week too. This is what a good looking car is supposed to look like not like a Corvette.

?v=13-DTwoh2RQ

Reply to
Sal

Oh, comparing apples to grapefruits, are we?

Does the R8 TDI not even exist as a production vehicle yet? And when it does go into production, will it not cost at least twice as a much as any Vette? Oh, and finally, is not the R8 TDI a *DIESEL* motor?

I'm not knocking the R8 TDI at all. That is one advanced piece of motoring mayhem that I would just love to have in my driveway, diesel and all.

But to compare a brand new concept using un-related technologies to an existing Vette is not exactly a fair comparison. By far.

You sound like someone who would do anything, even twists facts around, to win an argument.

I suppose you beleive Hillary when she was taking sniper fire in Bosnia, too.

CD

Reply to
Codifus

Wtf?

AFAIK the fuel economy of the V12 R8 has not been measured or posted anywhere outside of the company as it is a prototype anyways...

Reply to
marko_tomas13

That TDi V12 smoker has eaten ALL the luggage space!

Time for VW/audi to make a VR/WR diesel?

Reply to
Peter Hill

Sal; "You" & "Tube" are really two words that belong together. The exact opposite of an oxymoron.

Reply to
Zomby-Woof