Re: Electrical Gremlins- 87 5KCSQ

Antony, Prolly the headlight switch, although the condition worsened in my car after I removed a relay labelled "daylight illumination" from the underdash panel. I'll be replacing that with one from the local wreckers as soon as I find one. Numerous postings on Audifans note that the remedy could be replacing the headlight switch assembly. Check your license plate bulbs - really! - if one is burned out the instrument lights go out too (BTDT) For a temp. fix, when you turn on your headlights, hold the switch in between "off" and "parking lights only" for a second or two - you'll find the dash lights stay on then (go figure!) Cheers! Steve Sears

1987 Audi 5kTQ 1980 Audi 5k
Well, the climate control lights, clock and computer lighting flickers > during non headlight use, no dash lights at all with the parking or > headlights on. If the headlights are turned on before the key is in the ON > position, everything works fine. Headlamp switch? Bad ground behind dash? > > -- > Antony Rodino > >
Reply to
Steve Sears