Wiper spindle

Hi Group,

Today I over tightened the nut with the spindle and it snapped, now the nut is with the top bit came off so I can't drive my car under this typical weather! Just wonder if I can buy the spindle assembly on its own, and can anyone tell me roughly how much would be the damage, please?

Or any chance I can fix it, I tried the Unibond metal glue, and it didn't work.

Any suggestions welcomed.

Many thanks,

~Chris

Reply to
Chris

What are we, clairvoyant?

Make/model/year if you actually want any help....

Reply to
daytripper

From what I read -snapping the bolt, glue....- I can only recommend you to the dealer.

Ron

Reply to
reply

You could try euro car parts or GSF but the most lightly place is going to be a main dealer for a relatively new car or a scrap yard (Volks-Apart maybe) for a slightly older one. Is it one of the fronts or the rear one that you snapped? You may need the entire wiper linkage depending on the car and exactly what snapped. The final suggestion would be to go a bit easier from now on with a spanner.

Reply to
Depresion

Thanks for all your advices, I phoned the dealer today they said they got the parts for around £65 quid.

~Chris

Reply to
Chris

Sorry mate,

The car is to old that I'm embarrased to tell, it's an 1988 Audi 80 anyway, I know it is not a VW, but it is using the same bosch setup.

Cheers,

Reply to
Chris

Chris, What's so old about an '88? My whole fleet is older than that. Cheers! Steve Sears

1987 Audi 5kTQ 1980 Audi 5k 1962 and '64 Auto Union DKW Junior deLuxes (SPAM Blocker NOTE: Remove SHOES to reply)
Reply to
Steve Sears

The embarrassment actually come from: a) only got one wiper on at the moment; b) funny rattling noise due to a cow boy who don a bogus job on the water pump; c) let's face it, my '88 Audi is 16 years very old, and I'm being a bit of a pikey not to change car, in fact I just cannot afford to.

Reply to
Chris