Rear Badges

Hi. I'm trying to sell my A6 Avant SE Estate and I have been asked the question why the badges on the boot are situated in the wrong place? On other cars the badges are level with the bottom of the light lens cover. On mine, they are level with the top! Can someone please tell me could this have originally been de-badged and someone has stuck them in the wrong place? The question also asked how much accident damage it had had in the past because the badges were too high!! There is definately no evidence of any accident damage (original german sticker still stuck next to rear bumper). How can I justify the badges being high? Many thanks.

Reply to
nat241169

"We don't need no stinking badges!"

Reply to
daytripper

Sometimes badges are applied by the dealer (escpecially if the model is country-specific), and they may have been applied wrongly then.

Otherwise, it may have been ordered without badges, and had them fitted later.

If the data sticker is still there in the boot, it's unlikely to have had a serious accident. When my A3 was rear-ended, everything else was

*perfect* (repaired by a VAG approved bodyshop), but the data sticker was missing. I did consider photocopying the one from the handbook...
Reply to
Chris Bartram

Find another buyer who isn't so anal.

Dan D '04 A4 1.8Tq MT-6 (with Red 'T' in the exact same place as the original) Central NJ USA

Reply to
Dano58

simple, remove the badges.................tell them it was a debadged vehicle from new.

Reply to
Lez Pawl