Strange idle problem - Audi 100 2.2 1985

Hey group

Well, having sorted the coolant leak problem (see earlier posts) by way of a new water pump there's another strange thing, although it's not a major problem; the car starts from cold and idles with absoulutely no problem at all. Next thing, if we turn the motor off and the restart after a short while then it won't idle at all - dies every time; other than this, the engine runs perfectly....

There's no sign of a misfire and the engine sounds as good as any 5-cyl Audi I've ever heard.

Any ideas?

Reply to
Chris G.

Chris, Sounds like the ol' 5 cylinder hot start problem rearing it's ugly head. There are a number of checks you can do - vacuum leaks/fuel delivery/spark - they can be found at:

Steve Sears

1987 Audi 5kTQ 1980 Audi 5k 1962 and '64 Auto Union DKW Junior deLuxes (SPAM Blocker NOTE: Remove SHOES to reply)
Reply to
Steve Sears

is the re a way of posting to a newsgroup in jog format?

Reply to
pdpass

The message from "pdpass" contains these words:

Is that like a picture that's gone all sweaty?

If you want to post a picture, put in on your website and post a link to it.

Reply to
Guy King

Nice job. I couldn't figure out what he was talking about.

You can post pictures here:

like it because you don't have to sign up or anything. You just hit the browse button and find your picture on your hard drive. Then they give you a link can use. It's as simple as using tinyurl.com. Once the pic is uploaded you have no control over it. Probably not good for personal stuff, but it's great for getting a pic up for the newsgroups.

--Art

Reply to
Art M