"tire wire end"

I took my car to the garage for an oil change and the mechanic said that my "tire wire end" (not correct spelling) is worned out both on the left and right. This control the steering wheel. I noticed that when I make a right or left turn, I will hear a grinding noise. He said it's not CV joint. He said it will take $420 to fix them and another $100 for alignment. Any know is that a reasonable price? or can I buy the parts and install myself. Thanks for any input. Hunter

Reply to
audidrive

track rod ends..................

Reply to
Lez Pawl

OK is this some trick post or a joke?

Prices kinda depends on what vehicle you have! On my Audi I could find tie rods for $30 each side and have it aligned for $50...so it comes to a total of $110 if I do it myself and have a shop do the alignment. But you don't know that I have an Audi that is 23 years old. ;-)

Well now that you are spell> I took my car to the garage for an oil change and the mechanic said that my

audidrive wrote: > the correct spelling is "tie rod end" on the outer left and right. Any > input will be appreciate. >

Reply to
one out of many daves