What's it take to replace the cam tensioner seals on the 20V V6?

I have a '99 A4 that needs new cam tensioner seals at 84K. Has anyone here done this job? I'm a pretty experienced mechanic by hobby, but I've never been in the 2.8. How difficult a job is it?

Reply to
JimV

Make that the 30V V6

Reply to
JimV

Have a look here :

Rgds

Reply to
Alec

Not something that i would want to do myself. It's about a 3-hour job by the dealer. I've also seen 3rd-party repair shops mess this one up.

Reply to
Jay Somerset

I've had far more repairs botched when I paid someone else to do them than if I do them myself. Maybe it's just the shops around here, but they all seem interested in taking my money, but not in performing a quality service. In fact, the dealer "fixed" this twice under warranty, but the leak remains (out of warranty now).

-jim

Reply to
JimV

Excellent!