Where's '01 a6 battery well water drain?

I have a 2001 A6 2.8. Rrecently, after a heavy rain, I can hear what sounds like the heater fan hitting water. There also is some water dripping down into the footwell on the passenger side front. I looked into the well between the engine compartment and the firewall, and saw a pool of water about 2 inched deep. The battery is mounted about in the center of the well. My question is? Where is the drain/drains for this well? I imaging there is a drain hole or tube somewhere, but before poking around, I was hoping I could get some suggestions. Thanks and have a nice weekend

Reply to
Frank Brunke

Fix this quickly - if water gets into the floor your CCM (climate control module) will blow. In their wisdom VAG put these in the floor somewhere under the seat. This controls all kinds of stuff apart from the Climate control .

The drain holes (there are two) are located under the battery (you'll have to remove the battery and the tray) and further across kind of underneath the brake fluid reservoir.

You also need to dry the inside of the car out - there is some space underneath the carpets & it will be wetter than you first think in there.

A dehumidifier is your friend.

I.

Reply to
Iain Miller

Reply to
Frank Brunke

I had the same problem

Its an easy job to remove the battery and clean the drain holes. 15mins max.

Great advise on this forum

Steve G

Frank,

Had this exact issue during the rain a couple of weekends ago.

2002 A6 Avant. Needless to say the car is somewhat out of order, I have the car located at the Princeton Audi dealership, delivered via trailer. They have had the car 3 days thus far, have other cars with the same issue that they are fixing . . .

Wish I knew about this before the rain . . .

Hope you just have damp carpets chap !

Cheers

Nicholas

Reply to