Will these wheels fit my TT?

I just swapped out to my 18" winter wheels today. My summer wheels are OEM 17" and I like the look of the bigger wheel.

Any other suggestions as to TT wheels on the more conservative side in the 19" range?

Thanks

Reply to
ZiggyPopp

$2000...............that's almost £1700 at today's rates......it's absurd

my winter wheels..........my summer wheels?????

next you'll want Monday wheels, Tuesday wheels..........where will it end

Reply to
Boy

Too funny.

Reply to
AustinMini.OsiTech.Net

I would want to use your currency exchange.

£1700 ?????????????? more like a £1000.

Richard

Reply to
Richard Goulding

yea sorry to early but still expensive

Reply to
Boy

It is.

Richard

Reply to
Richard Goulding

"ZiggyPopp" wrote

If these are truly A8 wheels, then they have a 5x112 bolt pattern. Your TT has 5x100 bolt pattern, so no go.

Cheers,

Pete

Reply to
Pete

18" winter tires? Let me guess, you don't do a lot of driving in the snow? Unless you live in Florida, Arizona or similar, tires like that is madness in the winter.
Reply to
Terje Johan Abrahamsen

Those arent tires..thats snowboards! *dang* If you ever see snow, you´ll know what we mean.

Reply to
Jesper Giovanni

Don't understand the confusion here???

My car came with 225/45-17. Seventeen inch diameter SUMMER tires. They suck in the snow.

I bought Michelin Pilot Alpin tires which are 225/40-18 and a set of cheap discontinued wheels from tire rack.

The Alpin tires kick ass in the snow. I drive in snow quite a bit thank you. I like the look of a larger tire on a car as do most other people.

Got it?

Reply to
ZiggyPopp

I live in an area with harsh wintes. The OEM wheels are very expensinve. Switching wheels in the winter alows me to preserve them. The low profile tires cause much damage to the wheels in pot holes.

That is where it ends.

Reply to
ZiggyPopp

Thank you for your informative reply.

Reply to
ZiggyPopp

"ZiggyPopp" wrote

So that is why you decided to go from 17" to 18", especially for winter, when pothole-related damage is even more likely since you can't "see" the potholes hidden under snow/rain? I don't follow.

I get your point about the "looks" factor, but for winter, I think function should take priority. It would also save you a lot of $$$ as for example

16" winter tires are much cheaper than 18" ones, not to mention tire selection - there aren't too many 18" winter tires to choose from.

As far as Pilot Alpins - I have them and I don't recommend them. Mediocre at best and overpriced for what they offer (as is the case with most Michelin products). I am serious - try something else next time - you'll be pleasantly surprised. I've tried Nokian WR and in terms of snow handling they're much better.

Regards and happy new year,

Pete

Reply to
Pete