WTF is Art Thinking?

How, pray tell, can a car have an *inline* *V*6?

Spider

Reply to
Spider

Scheiße auf dem Mädchenbusen hält die Jungens ab vom Schmusen!

Reply to
Ricardo

This is the car that was intended to take the 3 series head on.

The SC300 was too apparently, but that car was never officially imported to Canada. The very sleek SC400, now superseded by the 430, was/is sold here - no manual tranny though. Some say that was an oversight on Toy... uhh, I mean Lexus' part, but I don't think so, 'cos companies like that don't make "oversights". I think they deliberately chose not to offer the 400 series cars with a MT 'cos they felt it unnecessary (which is true to a large degree based on the performance profile of that car and the target market), perhaps not realizing that some people want to drive a three pedal car just for the sake of operating a clutch and shifter, even though it makes precious little practical and noticeable difference to the car's performance (added weight aside) when you have a bajillion lb-ft of torque on tap at peak torque revs, with most of that bajillion being available just off fast idle. Good thing those cars have traction control. :}

Reply to
Ricardo

Out in the driveway is a Toyota Cressida w/ .... an Inline Six.

Runs real good, and a faulty radiator overheating the motor didn't cause the head to warp, slipping the gasket and Oh I cant go on!

TBerk

Reply to
T Berk

Oh, you're so clever. Everyone else knew what he was talking about.

-- Mike Smith

Reply to
Mike Smith

And I even went to the trouble to auto correct the quote (q.v.), not failing to enclose the corrected part in the requisite brackets. (It is never proper to alter a quote without explicitly clarifying the alteration.)

Reply to
Ricardo

Almost sounds like the Mazda RX-8. Well, almost.

TBerk

Reply to
T Berk

Talking of which, I eyed a couple of specimen of the REAL thing at my local Mazda dealer recently. I actually sat in it and got the feel of the interior (very nice), though sadly the battery was dead so no adjusting the driver seat to see how much room there was. Apparently there are only 700 RX8s lined up for sale in Canada, and the dealer was friendly and very happy to let me check out this new baby that he knew full well I couldn't afford in a month of Lotto winning Saturdays. He was equally eager to show me the new Mazda 6 and how it's selling like hot cakes and the fact (?) that it handles better than the RX8 on the 'pad and all that kinda stuff. Ahh, nothing beats the joy of checking out cars you can't afford (other than checking out the same cars if you CAN afford them, of course!).

And no, that is not the reason I was at the dealer. I was looking for a tin of body paint, but that won't be in till next Monday. Maybe they'll have some new cars in by then, héhé. (OK, so some of us never grow up; when I was a lot younger I enjoyed getting the feel of the hundred plus kay luxos at my local Merc dealer, say, when my mom was interested in buying a new Merc, something she didn't do in the end, sigh.)

Reply to
Ricardo

They're not that powerful. Sad thing is they already had a robust

6-speed MT (from the Supra) that bolts right on. Oh well, I'm sure they did their market research...
Reply to
dizzy

SC4x0s? Actually, in relative terms you're right in so far as a 6cyl

3.2L BMW M3 being able to smoke 'em in raw hp terms. But the SC400 can still haul to 100kph in something shy of seven seconds, and aiui it's endowed with quite a bit more in the mass department than are the M cars.

It is sad (ish), but I think one ought to blame the EPA for this more than Toyota/Lexus. It is stupid EPA rules that require separate certification for different motor/tranny combos, after all.

And it seemed to pay off. They never even bothered trying to sell the three litre snail to Canajuns...

Reply to
Ricardo

Assuming you were talking about his Typo, then yes. Assuming that you say no such sports car (an I6 sports car, not a sedam,[nixs the bimmers]) they you are very wrong

Sitting outside my house (and finally running again) is a 1980 Dautsun

280zx. All the Z cars up to a certain year (dunno which year yet, still looking) had inline 6 engines. 2 seats (or 2+2, which i thought looked ugly) T-tops were a (popular) option, and i like the way it runs :-)
Reply to
Nicodemus Telrenner

WOW!.. Maybe I'll reconsider that used S4 Avant (The 2004 S4 is just too expensive) This is the only full-time AWD alternative to the S4 I've seen in a long time..=20

(Anything with a clutch in place of a center diff has part-time AWD)

To reply, please remove one letter from each side of "@" Spammers are vermin. Please kill them.

Reply to
Doug Warner

Thanks!

Are you sure? With all the wacky engines out there, you just never know...

;)

Spider

Reply to
Spider

Hey, VW engines aren't wacky... :)

nate

(if you don't get it, google for "Corrado VR6")

Reply to
Nate Nagel

It could have two V6s inline :-)

Though I doubt it would make for a very useful configuration ...

Chris

Reply to
Christian Huebner

Give VW some time, they've already done it with two inline V4s...

Reply to
Brandon Sommerville

Apparently, that engine configuration really keeps you W8ing.

Reply to
Ricardo

The Z4 has an I6? I thought they looked prett,y but never relaly looke dat one because they are way out of my price range

Reply to
Nicodemus Telrenner

Hmm, you're right. the V12 engine configuration has been a dismal failure at every attempt.

;)

Spider

Reply to
Spider