1985 745i leather seats staining

hi I am looking for a way to clean and restore the leather seats in my 745i they are tan and in excellent condition (no rips or wrinkles) car only has 87k miles .however they are badly stained from what I do not know any suggestions?

Reply to
pistol

"pistol" wrote in message news:c045d$52a7cb59$42bb6765$ snipped-for-privacy@news.flashnewsgroups.com...

Try Saddle Soap as the first option. Anything more aggressive will tend to damage the leather.

If this does not work then you could try coloured [shoe] polish, which will effectively re-dye the leather, choosing a shade darker. You will need to polish this well, otherwise you will stain your clothes when you sit in it.

If you can work out what the stain is you might be able to try some of the milder removal agents (e.g. white wine to remove red wine stains).

Reply to
R. Mark Clayton

Where is it staining? Are you sure it's not light damage? Is it stained and rubbed down in the area where the driver is sitting or is it uniform or splotchy or just at the seams?

The good news is that this is real leather, so you can have an upholstery place re-dye it.

What have you been using on it over the years? Lexol? Neatsfoot? Something else?

--scott

Reply to
Scott Dorsey

"pistol" wrote in message news:c045d$52a7cb59$42bb6765$ snipped-for-privacy@news.flashnewsgroups.com...

An upholstery shop, or an automotive detailer.

If you were going to clean this, you would not be here. Since you are here, the upholstery shop or the detailer is the place to have your seats cleaned.

Reply to
Jeff Strickland