2003 XLT EXPLORER changing out seats to leather please help.

I have a 2003 xlt with cloth seats driver power only. I have the oppurtunity to by a set of sets (front and middle) All leather and both front are power with a heated seat button on them. Questions please.

  1. The set of seats are from a 2003 will they fit without a problem and when I plug them in will the heat and power work on both seats? I do not have a electric temperature control on the console.

  1. The color of my inside is parchment brown or dark tan. The leather seats are tan and darker brown in the middle I assume that is the color.

  2. With the leather package seats do the doors , carpet and dash change in color or leather trim. (will the seats look like they belong)

Thank you for your help.

By the way the seat upgrade will cost $400 is that a decent deal?????????

Reply to
Frank

Ignoring his agents wishes, snipped-for-privacy@mc.duke.edu (Frank) flung open the hotel room door and announced to the gathering crowd:

that's a bargain..don't know if they'll work but I have an 03 XLT and would be interested in them if they don't work for you.

People are more violently opposed to fur than leather because it's safer to harass rich women than motorcycle gangs.

-Unknown

Remove "die spammers" to email

Reply to
wideglide01diespammers

Ignoring his agents wishes, snipped-for-privacy@mc.duke.edu (Frank) flung open the hotel room door and announced to the gathering crowd:

btw..may I ask where you got such an offer? Junk yard maybe?

People are more violently opposed to fur than leather because it's safer to harass rich women than motorcycle gangs.

-Unknown

Remove "die spammers" to email

Reply to
wideglide01diespammers

I haven't really noticed but you may be lucky enough to have the extra wiring in place..... the seat mounting holes should be identical if you are replacing with the same seating arrangement (i.e. - replace buckets with bucket or replace a 60/40 with a 60/40). If the extra wires are already in place, you may need to install a fuse and/or relay or two....

On to the iffy part (I always manage this, don't I??).... If the wiring for the seat heaters isn't present, you MIGHT get away with just the front seat harness (usually plugs in at the passenger A pillar). I'm not sure if the GEM or any other module will have any reprogramming issues. If there is a problem regarding wiring issues, I'll recommend spending the extra bux to be sure you get someone competent in auto electrics to wire the things in.

At least they aren't the "climate control" seats 8^)

Jim Warman