1991 525i Lockout, HELP NEEDED QUICK

I dont know what happened, but my trunk must not have closed all the way and lights must have stayed on in the trun all night and run down the battery.

I have tried using my keys to unlock the doors so that I can pop the hood and either jump the battery or replace it but the locks wont work with the keys.

How does one get into a 1991 525i when the battery is completely flat?

Please help, I've got to go to school tommorrow morning.

Thanks,

I've tried using a slipknot string and puulled on the passenger door lock button, but can't get it up far enough to get it to unlock (I left the sunroof open slightly yesterday enough to try a coat hanger and string).

Please help soon.

Thanks,

Reply to
GamePlayer No. 1058

snip

Maybe too late now but ...

I had the same problem on a 1990 525 but was at least able to get into the trunk, connect a battery charger to the trunk light and charge the battery for just enough juice to pop the drivers door lock,

Reply to
Simon Birkby

Which is how I resolved the same problem on my 740. If your charger has a low setting use it, otherwise you may push in enough current to blow the battery supply fuse. Also make sure you get your positive and negatives the right way round!

Reply to
R. Mark Clayton

Drivers door lock. Put key in. Pull up on handle. Turn 90 degrees (not the usual 45) - this uses the mechanical locking link between the key and the lock.

Reply to
Don

go to

ask there or search the forum... there is a picture that explains exactly how to do it on the passenger door, lift handle and turn key all the way and play.... BUT GO SEE PIC here...
best forum for e34 5 series.

Reply to
SharkmanBMW

Reply to