Help - BMW 735iL, 1991, locked out

Car was stored over the past winter. Battery is dead therefore remote will not unlock the doors. Key locks have seized badly and will not move. Does anybody know any way to unlock or get into the car without damage.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Reply to
dfra

The door locks are probably not seized but were probably double locked. Try lifting the handle on the passenger door while simultaneously attempting to unlock it.

Otherwise, you'll need to get into either the engine compartment (preferred) or the trunk manually. I know there is a way to get the hood released through the front grille but don't know exactly how on a 7 series. Then hook up jumper cables to enable the power locks.

-Fred W

Reply to
Malt_Hound

Open the boot manually with the key. If you can't open that try the LEFT* hand side front door.

Disassemble the boot light.

Identify the positive and negative connections.

Attach a battery charger to the relevant connections.

Charge on low charge current for 10 - 20 mins. In the mean time spray WD40 or proprietary lock lub' into other locks, but they are probably just deadlocked.

Try and release electric locks using boot lid lock or remote.

Problems

Battery is stone dead, so limit charging current or you may blow fuses etc.

Battery is probably beyond use and will be unlikely to hold charge, so you will have to replace it.

Computer and radio will be flat too.

Once you get it open and a new battery, post again on how to start it.

  • should be driver's door, but early models either missed it altogether or had it on the left regardless of side of drive.
Reply to
R. Mark Clayton

Reply to
Sharkmanbmw

Passenger side door, work latch whilst turning key.

Reply to
Blake Dodson

Your suggestion worked.

Thank-you.

Reply to
Bob

Yeah, same thing I told you back on the 15th. I guess I must have used to many words? ;-)

-Fred W

Reply to
Malt_Hound