1995 BMW 318i Convertible...noises

Hi folks.

Inherited a problem here. Rear-left wheel is making noises like a bell when I hit bumps in the road. Any idea what it could be, and if I could fix it without being gauged at the shop?

Also do I have to go to a BMW dealer to get the INSPECTION light reset? That's such a pain.

Reply to
BeeRich

Sounds like something is broken

No - depending on the connector you simply have to jump 2 connections for a period of time.

Not being a 3 person I can't help here but someone might know the pin numbers.

Reply to
hsg

"BeeRich" wrote

Check to see if the coil spring is broken. Check to see if the shock is good. These things can be done easily by just removing the rear wheels.

FloydR

Reply to
Floyd Rogers

Hi there. Thanks for the answers, guys.

I can remove the rear wheel at some point, but wouldn't the spring be testable by compressing the left rear of the car?

OK, I forgot to submit some more information (doh!). When I was driving 120 kmph, when I started turning right on the highway (slight turn, mind you), I felt a speed wobble. When I slowed down to the legal speed (heh), it went away. When I applied the brakes, it went away too. Could it be that the left rear rotor is poched somehow?

Thanks again.

Reply to
BeeRich