1998 735i

I have a question about a 1988 735i. Does the brake and power steering share the same reservoir?

Tom

Reply to
Tom

Sorry, two different years.....it should be a 1988......typed it wrong in the subject line.

Reply to
Tom

I'm not an expert on older 7 series cars, but I have never in my life heard of a car that uses brake fluid in the power steering. I'm 100% sure they do not share reservoirs

Reply to
Malt_Hound

Most cars use vacuum servo for brake assistance, however in a 735 it is hydraulic (and therefore the power may be shared with the steering, but not the brake fluid, which is separate and will still work manually (you have to press hard though) as will the steering (you have to pull hard, especially as the gearing is less when you have PAS).

Reply to
R. Mark Clayton