318TI Idle problems

Howdy, This car, BMW 318TI, Has had a tune up, new O2 sensors and a new Idle Air control valve but still stutters. Any thoughts??

Reply to
TXdrums

The M44 engine had a recall regarding the timing, which fixed a rough idle problem. If that doesn't cure it then I recently had to replace the camshaft sensor in my 318ti and it cured any rough running.

Timing recall was under warranty for me so not sure what it would cost now, camshaft sensor was UK £115 parts and labour.

Reply to
zerouali

By "tune-up" I suppose that you mean new spark plugs, as that is the only thing you can tune-up.

When does it stutter? Only when cold? When warm? Both?

More info will help come up with more ideas.

--

-Fred W

Reply to
Malt_Hound