325 still knocking after valve adjustment,..

Michael - do you really think I care? It's not arrogance when you ARE wrong and ARE stating things as FACT when they are not. A tiny bit of fact checking goes a long ways towards credibility.

76% of statistics on the Internet are made up on the spot..

I just do the things the voices in my wife's head tell me to..

Reply to
admin

At this point, f*ck you... Notice in the above paragraph the term "I believe". Seeing as the topic refered to an E30 BMW and not a 2007 Ferrari, the statement "I believe" was appropriate. I did not state anything as hard fact other than the fact that the M20 engine did not have lifters (hydralic or otherwise). Take your pompous arrogant little bitch ass back to the honda group where you belong...

Douchnozzle.....

Reply to
Michael Yeager

At this point, f*ck you... Notice in the above paragraph the term "I believe". Seeing as the topic refered to an E30 BMW and not a 2007 Ferrari, the statement "I believe" was appropriate. I did not state anything as hard fact other than the fact that the M20 engine did not have lifters (hydralic or otherwise). Take your pompous arrogant little bitch ass back to the honda group where you belong...

Douchnozzle.....

-----

So... was the problem resolved or what? We know the M20 valves are driven off a rocker arm riding the cam.

Bill in Omaha '86 535i

Reply to
Bill

Well, the knocking is most likely still an issue if it's anything other than valve tick or injector noise. The original poster hasn't said much lately and the message seemed to go way off course. I'd be curious to hear from the original poster as to whether or not this noise is present all the time or not and what oil he's using. There are probably other factors that one could think of as well.

Reply to
Michael Yeager