325i Convertible Top Damage

I have just bought a 1987 325i convertible. The top shows spots of wear damage where the top fabric rests on the ends of the frame crosspiece. The fellow that I bought the car from said that BMW issued a repair bulletin that covered a modification to the top frame that reduced chafing of the fabric at these points. These wear points are over the doors. Anyone know if this bulletin exists and where I might find a copy?

Thanks

Ray

Reply to
raybun