735i '88 Emergency Flasher ...has a mind of its own....

OK, you were all so great with the oil sensor question...here is the second question.... The main cabin lights don't work and the emergency flasher goes on, on its own, particularly when it is raining. I changed the Light Control Module for serious dollars, but it didn't do anything that I could notice. Do they share a common ground that needs cleaning?....does the Flasher relay need changing?.....even with this type of problem I really enjoy driving this car....any ideas/suggestions on this one....another chapter in BMW riddles...! Thanks

Reply to
scott

My flashers went on when they wanted to, weather didn't matter. I think they replaced the relay or switch. The 88 735i is a great handling car and mine is almost still cherry, so I keep it. But its electronics will get on your nerves (and wallet).

Reply to
Anthony Wilson