745i research

I'd like to do some research on the 02-05 7 series before buying. Are there some good website with facts & specs? Thanks.

Reply to
Hang Bush the War Criminal

I'm a member of consumer reports. they have a great archive of reliability reports for many autos sold in USA. The 7 series bmw is there. Take a look on their website or see if you can browse a recent magazine of theirs that has the reliability reports. I'm sure you can find them in a good library.

their website is

ps. One thing that really surprised me is how unreliable many of the mercedes and bmw's are! Most of them are loaded with electrical problems (especially the models costing lots of $$$ > $100k). The japanese luxury models are completely the opposite (very reliable). I recall when I was younger how so many people spoke of german cars as be superior to anything else. After seeing these reliability reports (going back at least 8 years) I've realized the german car being superior may have been true at some point in time...but not recently! See the reports at consumer reports and also the info at the NHTSA.

good luck,

Oskar

Reply to
pheonix1t

Does your CA give a satisfaction rating? The UK one does. (would you buy another, recommend to a friend, etc). The most reliable cars don't always score well there. Unless a car is a true lemon which few are these days, the grin factor of owning and driving it might well exceed the annoyance of an occasional fault. And most faults are occasional these days - the goalposts simply get moved to accommodate this in comparison tests. In other words a car which is average in reliability today might have scored excellent a few years ago.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

We're not talking about the occassional fault. The disparity is disappointingly large. Reliability is the true luxury.

Reply to
Hang Bush the War Criminal