Advice First BMW

Probably going to buy a 2000 528it wagon with M sport package, automatic. I need a wagon to replace one of my vans. I've owned at least ten collector cars, ( 34 Chev, 37 Ford 49 Lincoln ECT.) and still do. But I have no experience with BMW. The car I am looking at has a broken under bumper temp. sensor and non working tail light. Air blows cold ( florida 93+ day), no visable leaks after sitting for a few hours). 100, 000 miles+. The plastic radiator has been replaced, water pump, brakes, alt, battery, and rear air bags have all been replaced in the last six month. I saw valid reciepts for these. Clean Carfax report- two owners-. Any ideas, advice, what to look for, or comments on this 5 series. Thanks.

Reply to
jukepin

I'd be asking why the rear air bags were replaced.. these aren't something that wears out. They are replaced after being deployed.. which makes me question the history of the car (and CarFax is about useless IMHO..)

Reply to
admin

My mistake in terminology. I mean the rear supension leveling system was leaking allowing it to settle down when parked for a while. Thanks.

Reply to
jukepin

That's fairly normal as the wagons (Tourings) get over 100k miles. Good thing they were already replaced.

Reply to
admin

If you buy it, get set for a lot of repair work. If you enjoy fixing cars, or don't mind shelling out cash to mechanics, go for it. Otherwise, steer clear.

Reply to
billbickel