87 528e Hood release handle and cable broken... how to open hood?

Hi everyone. I just tried to open my hood on my 87 528e and the handle snapped. When I tried to pull the cable it broke too. So.... How can I get the hood open? Anyone know where to get the replacement handle and cable?

thanks in advance! rick

Reply to
rick

Go to

join the group, and do a quick archive search. There are several guys there who have dealt with this problem and there are also some excellent photos of the problem area.

-- C.R. Krieger (Been there; done that)

Reply to
E28 Guy©

Thanks! Way cool! I have ordered replacement parts but do need to get inside the hood.. thanks again... rick

Reply to
rick

.=2Eor just do a search on google. I had to do it recently on my e38. The second cable had become detached from the main cable (dunno if yours has two), both bonnet lifters were stuck as was one of the latches so a bit of fiddling and lots of oiling later everything is fine.

Reply to
adder1969

thanks The release had been acting harder to open. I greased everything but I guess the cable was sticking or not connected properly any longer. Only one side opens for me now when I pull the cable a little.

rick