99 323is hitches when accelerating

I have a '99 323is that hitches or sputters when I am accelerating at RPMs less than 2000. If I give it a little gas, it is less likely to do it than if I give it a lot (but what fun is that?) I have put in two containers of Chevron Techron injection cleaner, but that hasn't seemed to help. The car has been doing this for several weeks. At one point - and this has only happened once - the check engine light came on and the car ran very rough. Normally, the car only sputters when I am in those low RPMs. It idles fine. This started about three weeks or a month after I had an inspection 1 in February - that may be unrelated. Any ideas?

Thank you, Scott

Reply to
ScottStoecker

I had a similar problem with my '99 323 and the problem was traced to a split rubber pipe. Can't remember exactly where the dealer said it was, but I think at the bottom front of the engine.

Mick.

Reply to
Mick

Thank you, Mick. I was going to have it checked out fairly soon. Do you remember what the cost of that was, and if it was a quick fix? Sounds simple and pretty cheap, I just don't want to be in for any surprises.

Reply to
ScottStoecker

Hi Scott I was not charged as the car was under warranty at the time, although I doubt whether it would have been that expensive, but who knows with BMW rates ;-)

Reply to
Mick