E34 M50 air flow mass meter-piece of gold

any success cleaning this little piece of gold. a new one is $460.06 for my '92 pre VANOS. I could buy a new set of irons for that! Thanks, Mike

Reply to
Mike

Yes, but how would a 5 iron help your engine run better?

A new set of irons probably won't lower your score either for that matter... ;-)

BTW, if it is really bad, I have never heard of being able to clean it to fix it. Try finding a used one at a scrapyard...

Reply to
Fred W

Mass airflow meters since the M50 engine consist of a heated-wire sensor that registers airflow mass directly (older meters measured volume, which is why you needed to readjust when changing altitudes.)

I wouldn't think that they are repairable or cleanable.

FloydR

Reply to
Floyd Rogers

Reply to