A/C pressure sticker E36

Has anyone noticed that their A/C sticker on an E36 (mine anyway) says 1.82 - 0.05 lbs

Anyone know what these units mean? the low side should be around 30 PSI shouldn't it?

1.82 - 0.05 ?????

My low side is at 30 with the high side at only around 120, I read somewhere it should be up to as high as 160-180 ? I only get 50 degree air. I have a new expansion valve on the way.

When I did a fill, I now notice my compressor almost makes what you could call a chirping sound, I think I let liquid into it and fried it, it does still work though, any thought?

Also, anyone know what A/C oil type BMW recomends?

Lastly, any good sources for BMW A/C manuals etc, or are the general A/C manuals like haynes automotive A/C good enough, Bentley's doesn't cover any service, only re + re.

Reply to
BMW328is

That is the WEIGHT of freon in the system. Factory fill is done by weight, it's more accurate than by pressure.

Reply to
admin