94 Eagle Vision - A/C problem - Code 33

I have my check engine light coming on and I get a code 33 (clutch cutout relay). A/C doesn't throw cold air. Someone told me to charge the system. I took it to my buddy to charge. No luck. He put gauges on the high and low pressure sides. The high side is reading only about 110 psi while the low side is about 110 to 140 psi. Does anyone know what could be causing this? Restricted orifice tube or bad expansion valve or something else? Any info would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Reply to
Dave

Those pressures indicate that your clutch is not engaged and the compressor is not turning turning. Please verify visually. If not engaging, then feed +12V directly to the compressor to test.

Reply to
Mr. Elbe

Reply to
Dave

Reply to
Dave

Could be just a bad sensor feeding AT misinformation. First thing I would do is have the ground connections checked on the car and the battery checked. Bad batteries and ground connections will drive the electronics in the car nuts.

hooked up to

shift. Did I

Reply to
Art Begun