Antenna amplifier

UK 1994 525i. Could someone tell me where to find the antenna amp? Looked under the back seat, behind the n/s boot lining. The Bentley book doesn't help. Doesn't even mention it. Can't find the info in google either. TIA. Mike.

Reply to
Mike G

On the Touring it's located just behind the top of o/s rear strut mounting turret under some trim.

JB

Reply to
JB

Oops!. Sorry. I should have said it's a saloon. I have looked there on my car. No luck. Mike.

Reply to
Mike G

I've not had cause to look on a saloon for one, but it has to be located within a half a metre or so of the antenna screen printed on the window (if that is the antenna type you have on your model).

JB

Reply to
JB

Take a look behind the trim located on the "C" pillar (the support for the roof between the rear window and the rear door) BMW has often hidden it there - the closer it is to the antenna on the glass the better it works.

Reply to
Don

On the US model it is in the left c-pillar

Reply to
CFL

Thanks Don, CFL. Hopefully it's in the same place on UK models. Mike.

Reply to
Mike G