BMWs rule!

(1) BMWs excel cross-culturally - for example, 2005 Scottish car of the year.

"the ASMW's [Association of Scottish Motoring Writers] ultimate motor from more than **50** new models launched in the past 12 months is..... The BMW 3 Series."

I mean, if the Scots are biased, they'd have chosen the Jag X-class instead!

(2) Then there is this series of international clean sweeps - and this is really incredible:

BMW's record awards haul in full: International Engine of the Year Award 2005

1 BMW 5.0-litre V10 2 BMW 3.0-litre twin-turbo straight-six diesel 3 Toyota 1.5-litre hybrid

Best New Engine Award 2005

1 BMW 5.0-litre V10 2 Ferrari 4.3-litre V8 3 Toyota 3.3-litre hybrid

Best Engine Above 4.0-litre Award 2005

1 BMW 5.0-litre V10 2 Ferrari 4.3-litre V8 3 VW 5.0-litre V10 diesel

Best Performance Engine Award 2005

1 BMW 5.0-litre V10 2 Ferrari 4.3-litre V8 3 Mercedes AMG 6.0-litre twin-turbo

Best Engine 2.5-litre to 3-litre Award 2005

1 BMW 3.0-litre twin-turbo straight-six diesel 2 Honda 3.0-litre hybrid 3 BMW 3.0-litre straight-six

Best Engine 3.0-litre to 4.0-litre Award 2005

1 BMW 3.2-litre straight-six 2 Porsche 3.8-litre 3 Toyota 3.3-litre hybrid

Note especially the Performance Engine Award 2005 above - it beat the NEW engine of Ferrari, the 604 hp Mercedes SL 65 bi-turbo. And what is not quoted above in 4th place was the Porsche 911 Carrera S 3.8 engine - a very fine engine by any standard - yet only 4th place!

(3) BMW 3-series is the 2006 WORLD car of the year:

Out of **27** -- TWENTY SEVEN -- competitors! What are the chances of that?

(4) Guess which of the following is the best drift car? (From SPEED magazine (Road & Track)

( Acura NSX BMW M3 Dodge Viper Ford Mustang GT Mazda MX-5 Nissan 350Z Pontiac GT0 Porsche 911

Just look at the competition! Whoa!

All the above (1), (2), (3), (4) translates into fun stories like the following:

(A)

"I was torn on whether to post because it seemed so juvenile and lame, but a friend said I should post because of my wife's comments...

I was in the M5 w/ my wife and driving on a very open stretch of road that I enjoy 'opening' the M5 a little. I came up behind a Mustang Cobra (either '03 or '04) and as soon as I did, he punched it to 'play' a little.

Ahead was a stoplight and it turned red, so we both came to a stop. As it turned green, be both slowly left the light, then I heard his engine go WOT and saw his hood lurch up a little. I nailed it, and just blew by him... totally dusted him and let off at around 70 or 80 mph. My wife looks at me and says in an elevated voice, "What are you doing!?" I said, "Just playing with that Mustang." She says, "But HE WASN'T EVEN PLAYING WITH YOU!"

I said, "Um, yes he was..." and was laughing hard inside. He was beaten so fast, that she couldn't even tell that he was trying. haha

It's kind of a weak "kill" story, but my wife's comments made me laugh."

(B) BMW drivers just get it more often

"BERLIN - BMW drivers have more sex than owners of any other cars and are much more active than Porsche drivers, a new German car magazine has found.

The German magazine "Men's Car" found in a survey of 2,253 motorists aged 20 to 50 published in its inaugural May issue that male BMW drivers say they have sex on average 2.2 times each week while Porsche drivers have sex 1.4 times per week.

Following BMW drivers were Audi (2.1), Volkswagen (1.9), Ford (1.7) and Mercedes (1.6). Drivers of foreign car makes were also behind BMW with Italian cars (2.0), French (1.9), Japanese (1.8), Swedish (1.6) and Korean cars (1.5) trailing after."

Reply to
richasiankid

Was there a new X-Class launched in the past 12 months?

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

...but how do they do in the customer satisfaction surveys?

Reply to
adder1969

How old are you? 20 something?

Your "kill" story sure sounds awfully juvenile. Who goes out and spends the coin on an M5 so they can "dust" mustangs in stoplight drag races.

Acceleration from zero to "70 or 80" is not even the M5's forte.

Reply to
Fred W

snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com wrote: snip

snip

Two points here:

  1. There hasn't been an X-class launch in the last 12 months
  2. The X-class is made in England so the Scots (God bless 'em) wouldn't rate it higher than a snake's belly if it was the *only* car released in the last 12 months.
Reply to
SteveG

The right cars are often bought by wrong drivers, you know? ;)

Reply to
RichAsianKid

I didn't write that story, thought it was pretty funny; I was just quoting from the M5 board.

Reply to
RichAsianKid

You and Dave Plowman are right about that. As for the awards the Jaguar XJ 2.7 Diesel picked up the award of Diesel Car of the Year at the Scottish Car of the Year Awards 2005

this side of the atlantic English = Scottish (what??) = Irish(what????!!!) - just as there are North Americans who cannot tellAustralia and New Zealand apart!)

Reply to
RichAsianKid

I didn't write that story, thought it was pretty funny; I was just quoting from the M5 board.

Reply to
RichAsianKid

Oh... then... nevermind.

Reply to
Fred W

For god's sake trim your posts, man. See above for how it should be done. HTH.

Reply to
Dean Dark