Re: Seeking -- Cherokee XJ front propeller shaft

I'd first suggest finding a local driveshaft shop who can easily make one for you. If there aren't any close enough to you, then Tom Wood at

can make one for you. By the way, the more commonname is 'driveshaft'. Jerry

Seeking NEW Type 1 front propeller shaft for 86 Cherokee (double > offset joint with slip yoke). > > Currie Enterprises, etc. dont stock these. > > Any advice on source would be appreciated. > > Thanx. >
Reply to
Jerry Bransford

RichH

we call them prop-shafts here in the UK as well.

Dave Milne, Scotland '99 TJ 4.0 Sahara

: > Jerry : > -- : > Jerry Bransford : > To email, remove 'me' from my email address : > KC6TAY, PP-ASEL : > See the Geezer Jeep at : >

: >>Seeking NEW Type 1 front propeller shaft for 86 Cherokee (double : >>offset joint with slip yoke). : >>

: >>Currie Enterprises, etc. dont stock these. : >>

: >>Any advice on source would be appreciated. : >>

: >>Thanx. : >>

: >

: >

: >

:
Reply to
Dave Milne

Reply to
L.W.(ßill)

I figured it was a U.K. thing after thinking about it. :)

Jerry

Reply to
Jerry Bransford

Most of the machine shops that I have been in would know what you are talking about either way. I wonder why Rich is so keen on getting a "NEW" one?

Earle

Reply to
Earle Horton

Reply to
L.W.(ßill)

The stock '66 cobra put out 420bhp which is 60bhp/litre. The stock British '66 Aston put out 325bhp from a straight six 4 litre (82bhp/litre) while the Italian Ferrari 330 of '66 did 420 bhp from an engine just over half the cobras size (4 litres), (the Lamborghini Muira of

66 had a top speed of >180 from a 390bhp 4 litre engine) and the phenomenal Mercedes Benz W163 of 66 put out 480bhp from an engine of less than 3 litres.

Plenty of people had great engines in the 60s in a lot lighter cars.

Dave

Reply to
Dave Milne

Reply to