CDV

I seek the group's wisdom re: Clutch Delay Valve (CDV). Some feel these valves, found I believe on a number of BMW's, certainly on my '05 330Ci, interfere with clutch action and hasten clutch disc wear. Others say it's an effective cushioning of the drive train. Some say it makes shifting, especially 1-2, difficult.

Personally, I'd have to say that the 1-2 shift took a little getting used to, but put that simply to getting acquainted with this particular clutch/transmission. I am concerned, however, if this delay valve causes disc slippage during rapid downshifting, etc. - basically during brisk driving.

TIA for the group's perspective on this.

- Jon

Reply to
Jon Blake

You should read this: