VW Beetle Cal Restoration advice

Hi!

I have a 1960s VW Beetle that I'm doing up at the moment. So far my mechanic has put in

  1. recon 1641cc engine+1300cc Transmission - include Mahle pistons/barrells, heavy duty high rpm valve springs, lightened flywheel, new cyc heads, Engle 110 camshaft/gear set, 200mm clutch kit, and a pierburg kombi fuel pump.

(The bigger fuel pump was necessary because during Summer, the hot conditions caused the smaller original fuel pump to malfunction and cause a vapour lock- stalling the car for hours- even at night when temps were still hot 25+)

  1. lowered front end. Includes anti-sway bars front and back.

  1. KYB Shocks.

  2. 12 volt conversion plus everything else needed for it.

At the moment, I'm toying what else to do next to the Beetle to make it go smoother, drive safer+reliable and look prettier =).

The paint work is getting old- the fender have different shades of blue, there's some rust holes near the fenders and one big one underneath the front window rubber. I'd like to give it a new professional paint over- but I want to hold that off to the last- together with the interior cushion work.

What else should I fit in next? I thought of doing disc brakes- but they won't work so well with older VW Beetles.

I'm going to be ordering a camber compensator. But I have to discuss that with my mechanic- my driveway is at an awkward steep incline and the need for rear end clearance is crucial.

Cheers!

Reply to
Wylie Wilde