Diesel starting grief!

OK it a 326 TDS Auto UK spec.

155K mile. Initially I gave it a couple of heater runs cold and it started fine. When hot it always needed cranking a lot.

When stood it is draining back. I can see air bubbling up the clear line between the filter and the injection pump

If I turn on it gets pushed forward (lift pump running). but the bubbles back. Several hits of about 5 seconds each seems to shift it.

This has the same effect on the heaters, several hits nice and hot.

It start magic!

I have a set of new heaters ready but I am not convinced they are the problem.

Can some tell me how the start sequence runs? Should the lift pump run then stop? What governs the heat call? Can I over ride and call heater timer even when not requested? Which relay is the heater?

Sorry its a lot of questions but I don't fancy swapping any good parts and they are not cheap!

Thanks gurus! Garry Manchester UK

Reply to
wigg