e30 glovebox replacement: new/used

The plastic part of the glovebox that fastens onto the hinge at the rear broke on my 89 325i. I'm not sure why - it looks as though the plastic just got brittle. Latch repairs on the e30 seem relatively common, but I can't find any mention of this kind of problem with the e30. Is this prone to happen? The glovebox will need to be replaced since the piece is part of the glovebox, and if the plastic is prone to wear, I'll get a new glovebox rather than something used.

Thanks, Doug

Reply to
dhs