94 tbird door hinge replacement

just wondering if there is anyone out there that has changed a botto door hinge on the 94 tbird...does the door have to be completely of the car to replace this...if so WTF was ford thinking....sorry..ca kinda pissing me off lately...would junk it but hell has a new moto (thanks to fords recall) and I can drive back and forth to work bu hate when the door wont close....Please help...thank

scot

Reply to
coyote

Usually the reason the hinges wear out is because the piece of plastic surrounding the bolt on the door latch (bolt in door frame, not door) has worn out allowing the door to droop and putting stress on the hinges. The hinges are a bitch to change. Before you do anything scribe an outline of where each door hinge is mounted so you can get the new one mounted as close as possible to where the originals are mounted..

Reply to
Steve Stone

The TCCoA web site has instructions for a hinge pin and bushing replacement shortcut. I cannot vouch for the article since I have not tried it.

Paul of Dayton