Good Used '88 240 Sedan Manual Antenna Wanted

These seem hard to find. Anyone have a junker with a decent one that they'd like to sell?

Reply to
Michael Cerkowski

Is this the rear mounted one or the A-pillar antenna?

Reply to
James Sweet

Rear mount. Sorry about the delay - my ISP's news service was down yesterday.

Reply to
Michael Cerkowski

Now wouldn't it be a shame if your kid accidentally let loose of the aluminum ball bat into the windshield that is just like the stock ones on

264 with the antenna > James Sweet wrote:
Reply to
Bill Chaplin

these are hard to find, the one on my junker '88 broke back in '94 i've rigged it several times with portable radio antenna. I just got my "new" '89

240 and the previous owner had stuck one of those rubber antenna on it, I thought i could just go to the auto parts store and get an antenna and put it on real easy, wrong...first of all the hole is too small, so instead of butchering the car for a four dollar antenna, i made it work by removing the little toggle things from the new antenna, remove the little washer with the teeth from the volvo antenna,slide it onto the new cheapo ant. to rest where the toggle things were, now insert ant. up through the trunk, now you have to use the outside plastic mount from the volvo ant.but first you have to knock the metal threaded part out, and use the nut from the new one to secure it. my mount was brittle so it cracked a little so i used a little silicone adhesive on it,and put a little around the hole, looks better than the one that was one there and works better. i just wanted radio reception, so at that point i didn't care. sorry so long a post. mark
Reply to
Islandguy77554

They're not hard to find at all, Volvo stocks them. They're not cheap, but if you want a radio antenna the OEM part is the way to go. They turn up on ebay occasionally too.

Reply to
James Sweet