E30 leaking fuel

Fuel leak from my E30 325 1990 model. It is leaking beneath the rear o/s wheel - Worse when the car has a full tank. Looks like the pipe between the filler and tank. Is this a known problem? Is the pipe easy to replace?

Reply to
David Haggas

Time for a new fuel tank, they all do this eventually. Euro Car Parts do a tank for 69 quid if I remember correctly. Not an easy job as you need to drop the exhaust and driveshaft to fit it.

Reply to
John Burns

Common problem with elderly BMWs. Means a new tank.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

Thanks John & Dave, was hoping it was the filler pipe as the tank is still

3/4 full and it doesn't leak now. Only when brimmed. Further investigation required. First time it has needed anything other than service parts in 15 years of ownership!

David

Reply to
David Haggas

I had a Fiat once that did the same thing. It leaked when filling it but when the fuel level dropped a little, it didn't leak anymore.

It was the filler tube. Evidently it had a rubber connection to the tank. I had it replaced and the problem went away.

Reply to
joe_tide

Reply to
dave