E30 still dead

'91 318is

Symptoms in review: Car runs great for a day, and then the next day after several miles (say 25-30) of driving, the battery goes dead and the car quits. Battery tested bad and was replaced, same result. Today I took the alternator off and had it tested and everything came up green... Where else do I look? It is the bosch alt so the regulator is internal... Just don't know where else to look. thanks.

Matt

Reply to
Matthew Warren

when the car is running -- how many volts at the battery terminals?

Broken wires from the altenator back? Fuses?

Josh Assing

Reply to
dave

Did your car quit while running? Because the battery always starts out strong when I get in the car (after charging) and then slowly dies as I drive.

Reply to
Matthew Warren

Reply to
dave