Dead E30

Earlier today, after running perfectly for months, my 1991 318is died. It would not turn over but all the power items (windows, etc) worked... if a little slow. Jumped it and it started right up and drove the 1/4 mile home. haven't had it back out. I of course suspect the alternator so was wondering if there is a way to check it on the car or if I need to take it some where... or if there is something else entirely I should be looking at. thanks

Matt

Reply to
Matthew Warren

. or if there is something else entirely I should be looking at.

Have the battery checked first.

Joe

Reply to
Joe C

Much more likely to be the battery. The give little warning of failure.

Reply to
John Burns

i had the same problem w. my '90 535i. It just needed a new battery.

Reply to
guveneur

Battery tested bad, so replaced it and it ran great all day yesterday.. today, same problem... Alt is next. Thanks

Reply to
Matthew Warren