E34 530i Touring alarm connector

Hello folks,

Could someone please tell me (send me a picture!) where the heck is the alarm connector in my E34 530i Touring? I took out the rear seat bottom and looked for it, but couldn't find anything suitable.

AFAIK it should be a 12 pin female connector under the rear seat somewhere on the right side of the car (which is where the battery is). I looked for it and even peeled back some of the carpet, but couldn't find it.

On the left side (driver's side) there is a black box with relays and fuses. On the side of this box is a 12 pin male connector. I probed it with a multimeter and the pins didn't make any sense (no door switches), so this is probably not it.

If there is no alarm connector or it's hidden so that I can't find it, I need to know where I can tap into the central locking lock/unlock wires and door position switches. I took out the mini "glovebox" left of the steering column and had a peek, but couldn't find suitable wires or loose connectors in there, either.

I suppose I could take out the panels in the driver's footwell and look for the door wire bundle. That obviously has the central locking wires and driver's side door switch, but I'd like to also have the passenger side door switch and rear door switches connected to my alarm unit. :)

If I understand correctly, the black box under the rear seat controls central locking. I'm just getting confused by the spaghetti of wires in that area. Does anyone have a wiring diagram for that box?

Reply to
Jussi Hamalainen

OK so I finally gave up looking for the elusive connector, which apparently does not exist in my car. I have looked inside the dash left of the steering colum, behind the glove box and under the back seat. I decided to mess with the wires going to the black box behind the driver's seat.

I pried the box loose and moved it to the right to get better access to the wires. After cutting away some of the tape holding the bundles together I managed to find the central locking lock/unlock wires, an ACC wire (there are lots of them) and left/right indicator wires.

Now my central locking has keyless operation and it flashes the indicator lights on open/close. I still need to find the three door switch wires and figure out how to hook them up to the door trigger pin on my alarm unit. Also, I need to route wires for the "alarm armed" indicator LED and siren.

Anyone got advice on a good wiring route from the rear seat (driver's side) to the dash and engine compartment? Getting to the dash should be quite straightforward (just stick them under the edge of the carpet), but how do I go through the firewall and other stuff behind the dash?

Reply to
Jussi Hamalainen