E36 stereo question

Can anyone tell me absolutely definitively, without a shadow of a doubt, whether an a/d/s P4100 will accept line level output from a BMW head unit? I want to install one in my mid nineties BMW 325, while retaining the stock head unit and I have been told that if I retain the stock HU, I will need an amp that accepts line level output or else use a line level convertor. Thanks for any help.

Dan

Reply to
Dan

"Line level" is ~0.6vRMS or 1V peak to peak. If in doubt you could always measure it.

If nevertheless the level is too high you might overdrive the amp, alternatively if too low, you will just have to turn up the wick on the AMP.

Reply to
R. Mark Clayton