You can only do it if you have the cars bluetooth pin number as supplied by
the dealer. If you do not have it I guess only the dealer can find what it
is. On my 320D it came on a separate one page manual sheet.
If you have that then:
On the car:
1. Hold the "call" button down (its on the centre console in front of the
handbrake by about 12").
2. Switch ignition on (the position before starting the engine).
3. After 3-4 seconds release the call button and then radio will say "BT
On the phone (this is for a SE T630 which is practically the same as a
1. Press the joystick and go to "Connectivity" (bottom left)
2. Press "Bluetooth" and make sure that Bluetooth is switched on (if its not
then press "Turn on" and "ok").
3. Press "My devices" and then "add" and then "ok"
4. The display will show "Searching".
5. Now I'm working from memory so it may be slightly different. Eventually
the display will show something like "BMW 2443"
6. Press "add" or "ok" (not sure which it shows).
7. The phone will ask for the cars BT pin number. Enter the 4 digits and
8. It should say succeeded.
9. Back all the way out to the main display on the phone with the arrow key.
Now on the car
1. Switch the ignition off.
2. Switch the ignition on.
3. After some time (it can take quite a while depending on how many phone
numbers you have in your phones memory), pressing the "R/T" button on the
steering wheel will bring up the phone book.
Motorsforum.com is a website by car enthusiasts for car enthusiasts. It is not affiliated with any of the car or spare part manufacturers or car dealers discussed here.
All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.