E46 Bluetooth Pairing

A mate of mine lost his Sony Ericsson T610. He has got a new one, but does not know how to pair it with his 320D which has the Bluetooth option.

Can anyone help? (it was originally done by the dealer and he tells me there is nothing in the manual about it).

Reply to
Mick

You can only do it if you have the cars bluetooth pin number as supplied by the dealer. If you do not have it I guess only the dealer can find what it is. On my 320D it came on a separate one page manual sheet.

If you have that then:

On the car:

  1. Hold the "call" button down (its on the centre console in front of the handbrake by about 12").
  2. Switch ignition on (the position before starting the engine).
  3. After 3-4 seconds release the call button and then radio will say "BT pairing".

On the phone (this is for a SE T630 which is practically the same as a T610).

  1. Press the joystick and go to "Connectivity" (bottom left)
  2. Press "Bluetooth" and make sure that Bluetooth is switched on (if its not then press "Turn on" and "ok").
  3. Press "My devices" and then "add" and then "ok"
  4. The display will show "Searching".
  5. Now I'm working from memory so it may be slightly different. Eventually the display will show something like "BMW 2443"
  6. Press "add" or "ok" (not sure which it shows).
  7. The phone will ask for the cars BT pin number. Enter the 4 digits and press "ok".
  8. It should say succeeded.
  9. Back all the way out to the main display on the phone with the arrow key.

Now on the car

  1. Switch the ignition off.
  2. Switch the ignition on.
  3. After some time (it can take quite a while depending on how many phone numbers you have in your phones memory), pressing the "R/T" button on the steering wheel will bring up the phone book.

Its done

Reply to
JL

Thanks for your response JL I have forwarded it to my mate. Hopefully he has the car pin no. written down somewhere.

Mick.

Reply to
Mick