Optima V6 Speed sensor-where is it

I need to replace mine, I hear its an easy swap. Does anyone know where it is and what needs to be done? I'll have to pay KIA $10 for the online manual
to see if it has the info otherwise, just thought I'd check here first.
thanks
"" wrote: > I need to replace mine, I hear its an easy swap. Does anyone > know where it > is and what needs to be done? I'll have to pay KIA $10 for the > online manual > to see if it has the info otherwise, just thought I'd check > here first. > > > thanks
what speed sensor are you looking for?
The vehicle speed in the transmission?
Or the Wheel Speed Sensor?

Its the only speed sensor listed for a 2001 optima v6 under powertrain control in your catalog. I assume its the vehicle speed in the tranny somewhere.
thanks!
"" wrote:
> > > "" wrote: > > > I need to replace mine, I hear its an easy swap. Does > anyone > > > know where it > > > is and what needs to be done? I'll have to pay KIA $10 > for the > > > online manual > > > to see if it has the info otherwise, just thought I'd > check > > > here first. > > > > > > > > > thanks > > > > what speed sensor are you looking for? > > > > The vehicle speed in the transmission? > > > > Or the Wheel Speed Sensor? > > > > > > > Its the only speed sensor listed for a 2001 optima v6 under > powertrain > control in your catalog. I assume its the vehicle speed in the > tranny > somewhere. > > > thanks!
Well there are 3 on the tranny.
An Input Speed Sensor (on tranny) (A/T) 4262039051 An Output Speed Sensor (on tranny) (A/T) 4262139052 An Gear Driven Speed Sensor (on tranny) (A/T) 4651739000
An Speed Sensor Gear Driven for Spedometer (on tranny) (M/T) 964204A000
Have you had a Dealer or a Shop look at the car and tell you exactly which sensor on the tranny has gone out.

No, I haven't had anyone look at it. I only saw one sensor in your online parts (and other sites too) catalog. This is the sensor that was replaced before and is causing the tranny to not be able to shift into 1st and 4th at all and only 2nd and 3rd manually.
"" wrote:

Site Timeline