E46 central locking problems

Hi, I have an e46 330 ci, which seems to have developed a problem. Occasionally it seems to just unlock itself at random! 5 or 6 times now i have returned to the car to find it completely unlocked despite being sure to check it was locked when i left it. Living in London and parking it on the street, this has twice led to kids getting in and stealing everything from inside! It doesn't seem to happen on a very regular basis, so I'm sure BMW won't do anything about it, but just wondering if anyone has had a similar problem....?

Reply to
slater.philip

I have an 89 325e that does the exact same thing. Mine does it as I am locking it. You can actually hear it when it unlocks, so I have to try several times to lock it before I walk away. It usually doesn't come unlocked later. I posted the problem on another site and no one has an answer yet. I thought maybe the central locking system was failing. Very expensive I can assure you.

Reply to
bmerdude

Think these cars have an impact sensor which unlocks the car in event of a crash. However, I thought this was now disabled when parking up and locking with the remote. Worth investigating, though. Try giving the car a good kick. ;-)

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)