Central locking on loop Mondeo Mk2 Zetec

Hi Guys,

My Mondys' central locking has just spontaneously decided to auto unlock every time I try and lock it manually or with the key fob. So at the moment I can't lock it. I have disconnected the battery to try and reset the circuitry but it remains.

Any ideas what's going on?

Cheers

Reply to
Mattyb

Have you tried the locking it via the other doors, as a faulty Drivers door lock will through the system out

Reply to
A C

Yeah, should of tried that anyway, doh!!. Seems to be ok now I tried passenger door. Must be a sticky drivers module or something. It doesn't sound like an electrical issue unless there are relays for individual doors in the locking module.

Cheers

Reply to
Mattyb

That indicates a fault somewhere in the central locking system (I have no idea who or why they came up with the idea of it unlocking everything to indicate a fault, but they did!). Only way to lock the car is by pulling the fuse for the central locking, and locking the doors manually (some vehicles let you lock the car via the other doors without having to remove any fuses) It's most likely one of the internal switches inside one of the door catches (central locking motors and catches are inegral units) has gone faulty. Easy way to test them is with suitable diagnostic kit, failing that, you've got to strip each door one at a time, and then with the help of a wiring diagram, test each switch to make sure they're working as they're supposed to (front locks have two switches to detect key lock/unlock, and to detect locked/unlocked, whereas the rear only have locked/unlocked switches).

Reply to
M Cuthill

It depends on the type. Some just use a timer which pulses the motors - the pulse being long enough to ensure locking. 'Proving' switches seem a bit OTT to me.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

Thanks for the advice fellas. It seems to be behaving now and was probably just an intermittent switching fault on the locking module.

Cheers anyway

Matt

Reply to
Mattyb