E90 (2006 330xi) CDV (Clutch Delay Valve) ?

Has anyone done the Clutch Delay Valve modification to an E90 (i.e., removing the original and replacing with a gutted one)?

As described at

Instructions are for earlier models, wondering if anyone's done it with the new '06 3 series.

What tools? Where's the CDV? Bleeding is same as with other models? Will I need a PowerBleeder, or is an assistant on the clutch pedal sufficient?

Also the modified CDV from Zeckhausen looks a lot different than the other units (black plastic, with O ring). Others are plated metal.

Will be getting new E90 in about a month and this is the first thing I will be doing to it.

Thanks for any guidance.

Reply to
Mike Mayer

Well, you could save some money and remove it for *FREE*

bfd

removing it completely will void his warranty - if they ever figure it out, that is why the modded ones are sold.

My 2003 330xi is out of warranty, so I just removed it, and love the results.

I would contact zeckhausen and ask - they have helped me with info by email many times. good guys.

Reply to
SharkmanBMW!