ICE-32

Based on comments on this group I had ICE-32 added to my 1998 740i's air conditioning. The AC has been borderline in really hot weather even though the dealer says it is performing up to "factory specs." It cost $70 at a Firestone service center. The verdict? A slight (but welcome) improvement. I have not made measurements but I guess that the air is about 5 degrees (f) cooler.

Given that it will be 100 degrees here today I'll take anything I can get!

Reply to
Peter A

I'm a big fan of this stuff. I have added it to 3 vehicles so far. Each one has immediately dropped the vent temp 6 to 10 degrees. These are vehicles with healthy A/C systems. I haven't done my Z3 because frankly, it does not need to be any colder.

They also make a R22 version for home A/C use. I added it to my heat pump system last winter and it immediately produced 5 degrees warmer air. Now it's 108 outside, the output air seems cooler at 59.5 degrees (I didn't measure it before adding ICE32) and the unit is cycling on and off. Last year it was running constantly at 100 degree weather.

Reply to
Rex B

Based on some private email inquiries, and due to the difficulty of buying the home version of ICE32, I have mailed a kit to one of this groups subscribers. If anyone else is interested, I'd do the same for anyone in the US, paid by Paypal. Email me directly if interested

Rex Burkheimer

Reply to
Rex B