Engine Rumble, 1995 325is

My 325is seems to rumble very noticeably when I first start it up. After A while it settles down, but not 100%. This just started happening 3 or 4 days ago. It seems like there is a bad tank of gas in it. Or maybe it's misfiring. Or could it be the belts or the spark plugs? Last time I had it at the mechanic he told me the belts were going but I didn't want to tack that job on to the already large bill. Does anyone have any idea what could be going on? Thanks...

Reply to
madloof72

Main bearings, big ends?

Reply to
R. Mark Clayton

New fact. I noticed today that the idle RPM is a tad lower than normal. Is this something that a car like mine goes through once it hit 100k miles?

Reply to
madloof72

Now it seems to be getting better. After about a quarter mile slow drive, the car seems to settle down... Very strange...

Reply to
madloof72